Welcome!

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson




Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Pot Roast in the Oven

I can't wait until dinner's ready tonight. I have a pot roast in the oven and some winter squash baking right beside it. Potato's are waiting to be mashed & gravy made to go over them. Yummy. Almost a whole meal of comfort foods for me. :)

I crave this stuff! (along with chocolate & potato chips) Sometimes I wish I were born with the inclination to crave carrot sticks or apple slices. Why don't I crave whole wheat bread instead of steaming hot, just out of the oven, white bread slathered with butter and home made strawberry freezer jam? Ah well... where would the challenge be if I only craved healthy, low-fat food. LOL!

I'm off to make gravy... hopefully dh will be home shortly so we can eat.

1 comment:

debidoodle said...

Hi Joy!
Love the new blog! I've got you bookmrked, so I'll be checking in on you. Btw, we'll be up there in March. going to Co first for a couple days and then taking a ride up there for a few more to look at land!!

Debi (dlr)