Welcome!

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson




Monday, January 7, 2008

A Good Cup of Hot Chocolate...

You know, I've never been big on hot chocolate... UNLESS it's homemade. Tonight for Family Home Evening treats we made a big, gallon sized pot of hot chocolate. It's so easy to make! I heat 3-4 quarts of water, add powdered milk - enough to make up that equivalent of milk. (and if you like it extra creamy, add another cup or so of powdered milk) Then, using a mixing bowl, I mix a couple of cups of sugar & 1/4 - 1/3 C. cocoa powder until blended & the cocoa lumps are mixed out. Pour about half of that mixture into the hot milk and taste to see if it's sweet & chocolaty enough... if not - add more until it tastes the way you like. :) I like to add 1/2 tsp. of vanilla as well.

Tonight, we added a scoop of vanilla ice cream to our steamy cups of hot chocolate. Sometimes we add candy canes, orange or raspberry extract, or marshmallows. Yum!''

I have about 2 quarts left over tonight... it goes in the fridge & in the morning I'll dilute it a little with some regular milk and it makes great chocolate milk. Doesn't last long here. lol

I also have a favorite Hot Chocolate Mix... I'll save that for another post.

Happy Sipping!

Joy

No comments: