Welcome!

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson




Saturday, January 5, 2008

Crazy Titles!

Okay... I admit... I was just frustrated setting up my profile because under "Work" it didn't list what I wanted to choose. :) Out of the 40 listed options, I figure my status of a Wife, Mother, and housekeeper, qualified me for at LEAST 20 titles. Here are my thoughts on those...

1. Accounting - I figure this is tracking the checkbook & bank balances. I work under my dh here.
2. Arts - Motherhood is an Art. Am I right or what?!
3. Banking - online or otherwise, depositing or withdrawing.
4. Chemicals - what I clean the toilets with.
5. Communications - Two year olds or teens, All Mom's become experts in communications.
6. Construction - Think 5th grader with a science project.
7. Consulting - counciling children with friends, homework, and siblings. Dave consults with me as well.
8. Education - from birth on, education is happening... potty training fits here. :)
9. Environment - monitoring environmental safety by removing obstacles from the floor, refereeing disagreements, keeping surfaces clean.
10. Fashion - purchasing clothing for younger kids, monitoring clothing for older kids, figuring out my own suitable fashions. (Mom! You CAN'T wear THAT!)
11. Human Resources - I have seven children. Enough said.
12. Internet - I have become quite proficient here as well. lol
13. Law Enforcement - in the home
14. Libraries - trips TO the library, reading books FROM the library.
15. Non-Profit - you should see our budget. LOL!
16. Religion - just can't separate that from daily life.
17. Science - exploding baking soda bombs, powder sugar fueled fire-breathing kids, orange peels lit over a flame, etc.
18. Sports or Recreation - Hours spent in the gym or at the track, camping and playing in the yard.
19. Student - I'm always learning.
20. Transportation - Tell me you don't figure Mom's need this title!

Am I right? So many titles for girl to choose from... It would only allow me to choose one title... Which would you have chosen? :)

I'll keep thinking - maybe I'll just pop on here & change my "Work" title several times a day... you'll know when you log on what I'm doing at the moment!

No comments: