Welcome!

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson




Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another day in the life.....

What a great day! We had to run over to the adoption agency here to sign a few more papers and pick up a possession paper that has Wesley's official name on it. (before it just said Baby Boy McKinnon) The people at Adoption Access are wonderful.

We also stopped by a Super Target to pick up a map of Texas to use in driving home. We ended up with an atlas that is small enough to keep in the car. Wonderful! Also, I've been hunting for a diaper bag that wasn't too big or too small.... and wonder of wonders.... they had one on clearance for $17 that I love! Just what I had in mind! Yahoo! Also picked up MORE formula. I tried mixing with some Parents Choice formula that compares to the Similac he came with, but it makes him fussier right now. I hope we can switch him pretty soon.

On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at Ole Whiskers Catfish Buffet. I keep seeing little catfish shops everywhere & figured it must be something common here locally. You'd never find it at home. :) It was quite an experience to try a bunch of food I've never had before! I now have experienced: corn fritters, hush puppies, baked catfish, deep fried catfish, deep fried okra (which I loved!), and seafood gumbo. They also had a home made peach pie w/ ice cream for dessert. It was wonderful. (still drooling lol) I went through the buffet line & filled my plate and then went and asked the hostess to tell me what I was eating. She was sweet not to laugh, but so much of this food you'd never find in Idaho! I've only read about it in books. (what a dull life I lead lol) I think I'd double my size though if I ate these foods very often. Sure was good though!

Wesley is finally getting his long afternoon nap.... and so is Dave. I think Dave's snoring lulls Wes to sleep. lol We got Wesley's birth records today. All of the medical and hospital papers on he and his birth mom. Her name is blacked out on all the records... I have such a desire to know her though. I cried when I read the evaluation paper on her that mentioned under the nurses observations that she was bonding with the infant, had eye contact and cuddling. My heart breaks to know she loved him and was still able to choose to let him be adopted. I remember all those precious moments with my own babies in the hospital where I just fell in love with my new little one. May God bless you sweet Birth Mom.

I'm off to nap. These late nights are making me teary. lol I'm getting pretty homesick too... miss the kids & know that most of the yard & housework will wait for me.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Joy - how nice it must be to have a new little one. I'll have to talk to you more about the process when your situated. I would love to adopt...just can't figure out how to afford it.

How touching about the birth mom.
Love,
Shannon

Joyfulmom8 said...

Shannon - I would love to talk with you about adoption. There is an adoption tax credit that can help buffer expenses - $11,000. I'll get with you later to chat. :)