Welcome!

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson




Monday, June 30, 2008

I guess I've been tagged?!

Here ya go Audra... everything you wanted to know about your Mom & then some. :)

1. What is his name? David Lee McKinnon
2. How long have you been married? 24 years and 2 days
3. How long did you date? Depends on your definition of a date.... if hanging out & feeding cows counts - 3 months until he proposed... and 3 more until we were married.
4. Who eats more? Sadly I do... but I drink less - AhHA!
5. Who said I love you first? I don't remember. I think it was Dave when he proposed. I say it more now though.
6. Who sings better? Me - and unfortunately that's not a particularly good thing either.
7. Who is taller? Dave - by about 9 inches unless I have on heels. (or unless HE has on heels I suppose)
8. Whose temper is worse? Mine sort of - mostly because I just am more vocal about my annoyances.
9. Who does the laundry? Me - of course. The rest of the family seems to think that clean clothing magically appears in piles for them to put away.
10. Who does the dishes? Me or the kids - using the dishwasher
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? That totally depends on which direction you are - facing the bed or laying on it.... either way *I* sleep on the "right" side - because if Dave slept there, he'd be on the "wrong" one. ;)
12. Who does the cooking? Me most of the time. Dave is a good cook, but I have more time and make less mess. lol
13. Who is more stubborn? Dave... he's not really stubborn - he just won't change his mind because he thinks he's right.
14. Who proposed? Ah.... Dave did. Cooked me a Japanese dinner, filled some fortune cookies with notes like "I Love You" and "Will you Marry me?" along with a small ring in that one. It was on March 6th - we still celebrate our "Engagement Anniversary" every year.
15. Who is more likely to admit when they are wrong? I say I'm sorry more, but I don't necessarily mean that I'm wrong when I do it. Dave rarely admits he's wrong.
16. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine most of the time... they live closer.
17. Who pays the bills? Dave does - or he tells me which ones to pay. It works best that way - I'm not very organized like that.
18. Who wears the pants in the family? Dave does... and he has my permission to do so. LOL! We work together on most things and follow the counsel of the first presidency on how to divide the responsibilities. Dave is the Priesthood leader in our home though and I defer to him on all important decisions.
19. Why do you love your husband? What's not to love? He has always overlooked my faults. He is patient, kind, and loving to both me and our children. He is a hard worker and sacrifices a lot in providing for our family. He lets me win most of our disagreements. lol He respects me and treats me wonderfully. Most of all - he is my soul mate. There is no one I'd rather spend eternity with. I can't imagine life without him.

1 comment:

Audra said...

Yay! It's so fun to hear stuff like that. :D