Welcome!

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson




Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Has it been so long already?

Shoot, I just wrote on the 12th & here it is December 30th!

Jaylyn turned 8 on the 21st. Busy day. She was so excited to be baptized! She opened gifts in the morning at 9am, we had church from 12:30-3:30, her baptism was at 5pm, Community Christmas concert that Jaylyn, Nicole, McKay and Keeley were involved in was at 7pm.... and then home for cake & ice cream. Whew! We survived and it was a wonderful day.

Christmas was wonderful mainly because our entire family was here at our house. I LOVE the craziness involved when we're all together. Noisy, cluttery, loving, WONDERFUL! Thanks for being here everybody! Wesley had a ball crinkling up the wrapping paper, I don't know if I got enough pictures of him opening gifts. He really just didn't get it.... first there's pretty, crackly paper, and then it disappears & there's a toy. lol He much preferred the paper.

Now, to finish off the old year, we're sharing a bout of the stomach flu. Anyone care to join? First was Wesley - then Darren - this morning Nicole - and now Jaylyn. Who's next? I'm opting out, we all know Mom's don't get time off for sick days.

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration tomorrow night! May your reflections on 2008 find many happy moments to cherish.

2 comments:

Audra said...

I'm sorry we gave you guys the flu. Had we known we would have stayed home. We had a great time being with the whole fam on Christmas though.

Joyfulmom8 said...

Oh, we probably would have gotten it sooner or later anyway. It was worth having you guys here... very fun! We should do it again sometime... and maybe I'll have a double bed for you married folk. lol