Welcome!

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson




Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Thankful Heart

You know those days when your heart just swells as you remember all your blessings? I've been having one of those days. :) I am so thankful for:

My dear, patient, husband... if we had been married "for better or worse" he'd probably be wondering which part this was lately. lol He is kind and thoughtful, hard working, fun-loving. He is terrific!

My family. I am so blessed with an abundance of children! I so enjoy that my married children will share the fun of their early married years with us... brings back many memories. :) It is fun to have them visit often. I am thankful Darren gets to come home for a few days for Thanksgiving. We miss having his humor make us laugh. Keeley and McKay are old enough to be fun in conversation and games and are a pleasure to hang out with. The little girls, Jaylyn and Nicole are such fun to watch as they play using their imaginations. They are best friends most days and best enemies on occasion. They add so much life to our household! Wesley is a joy. I can hardly remember not having him here. He is a happy baby and very social.

I live in a wonderful, relaxed community, close to my parents and Dave's parents, and several siblings who live within 20 minutes. I am grateful for the continued association with them.

I have good health and the ability to care for myself and my family. It is a blessing to be able to do 20 loads of laundry, wash 14 batches of dishes, change an average of 35 diapers, bake 6-12 loaves of bread, prepare 21 meals and at least 7 snacks every single week! In exchange I get uncounted thank you's, at least 14 bedtime hugs and kisses, several "guess WHAT Mom!'s", and unlimited family fun. :)

Life is good. I am blessed. May I live in a manner worthy of all I have been given. :)

No comments: